Welcome!
By Imogen
Hello! If you are reading this than that means you are probably interested in fashion and art history. Welcome! I am so glad that you are here. First things first, let me introduce myself and my blog. My name is Imogen and I am a girl who loves history and beautiful things. My hobbies include knitting, embroidery, drawing, and reading.
I started Clothing and Canvas because I wanted to share my love of fashion history with the world. I had recently been looking at some literary magazines and thought, I should do something like that. Thus, C&C was born: a blog dedicated to fashion and art history. I truly love both of these subjects so much and believe a lot can be learned by looking at these two subjects in tandem. With this blog, I want to share how amazing these two subjects are and how we can learn so much about history through them.
You may be asking what C&C will look like in the future. Currently, C&C has this blog, an Instagram page, and a Substack. While I already have some ideas for C&C, I would also love to hear from you guys! There is a form in my Instagram bio that you can fill out asking what you might want to see from this blog. If this blog becomes more popular, I might open it up to submissions. These could be informative essays on fashion and art history or on history in general. They could also be for poetry and historical fiction short stories.
The last thing that I wanted to say was thank you so much for taking a chance on me and Clothing and Canvas! I hope that you follow along for even more and we can continue on this journey together.
Until next time, sew a dress, paint a masterpiece!
Painting: Portrait of Marie Spartali Stillman at her easel by Ford Madox Brown
About the author: Imogen is a writer and lover of history. She is the founder of Clothing and Canvas, a blog dedicated to fashion and art history. When not writing for her blog, you can find her staring at pretty dresses and paintings, reading, knitting, or playing viola.

No comments:
Post a Comment